Thanks for your interest in Dane Wells Gallery! Below are answers to commonly asked questions about the gallery and artist, Dane Wells:
Is Dane Wells Gallery a physical place where I can visit?
- Yes, address: The Historic Santa Fe Plaza - 112 W San Francisco St, Santa Fe, NM 87501
What days/hours is Dane Wells Gallery open for walk-in visitors?
- Open Tuesday through Sunday, 10AM to 5PM; Monday by appointment
How can I contact Dane Wells Gallery?
- By using the contact form at the bottom of this page, emailing email@example.com or calling (505) 398-9421
Are all of the paintings in the gallery by Dane Wells? Where can I learn more?
- Yes, you can find more information about Dane Wells and his artistic process/vision on this website below or at the following page - FAQs: Dane Wells
Do you ship outside the US and Canada?
- Certainly! Please contact the gallery using the form at the bottom of this page to inquire and please include where you would like the painting shipped. You’ll be contacted in return ASAP with further details and instructions on how to proceed.
I’m ready to order a painting. What will happen after I do?
- Once your order is placed and paid for, a custom framed/suspended art box in which the painting will be shipped is ordered. The art box takes 1-2 business days to create. Then, the painting is professionally packaged and shipped via Ground with insurance. The painting should take 3-5 business days to arrive from the time it is sent. You’ll receive a tracking number via email/text so that you can track/be updated about your shipment online/via phone or text.
What if my painting(s) arrived damaged?
- In the unlikely case that the painting(s) arrived damage, please provide details including photographs that will be helpful to the gallery in processing insurance claims. We’ll work quickly to replace your order with your consultation.
Are there any particular methods you employ in preparing the paintings?
- Yes, all of the paintings are made to be archival (Golden Heavy Body acrylic paints on professional level canvas (heavy weight cotton duck; archival quality; acid-free titanium acrylic gesso primed; 1.5” wood frame profile; professional frame construction with kiln-dried, beveled stretcher bars).
- Additionally, all of the paintings have their sides painted in black acrylic heavy body paint, enabling them to be professionally hung without the need for a frame.
- All paintings that are 16”x12” or large are professionally wired and ready to be hung.
- If you’d like the painting you’re purchasing to be varnished (Matte, Satin, or Gloss w/ UVLS), please let me know and I’ll do so free of charge before shipping it to you.
Are all of your paintings originals? What does it mean for a painting to be an “original?”
- Yes, Dane Wells Gallery only offers original acrylic on canvas paintings for sale. That means each painting is unique, one-of-a-kind, 1-of-1 (1/1), otherwise known as the only one in existence.
Are the paintings signed by Dane Wells?
- Yes, the paintings are signed on the rear in archival ink by Dane Wells. The signature is generally in the following format: “Painting Title,” Completion Date, Dane A. Wells signature, @DaneWellsGallery. This allows the paintings to be hung in the any of the four side orientations. Moreover, the signature can’t detract from the aesthetic and design of the painting.
What payment methods do you accept?
-You may purchase items on this website using the following secure payment methods: Shopify Payments (accepts most major credit/debit cards including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, JCB, Diners Club, Shop Pay, Apple Pay, and Google Pay) or directly through PayPal Express Checkout. You will be able to select and proceed with your preferred payment method upon checking out.
- If you’d like to pay in cash, you’ll have to do so at a location where the painting is being exhibited for sale (likely in-person at Dane Wells Gallery).
- I don’t accept checks or Western Union, etc. so as to protect myself and goods as a seller, as well as your money as a buyer.
Do you accept or entertain deposits/holds:
If you see a painting that you like and would like to reserve it, a non-refundable deposit equivalent to 25% of the purchase price will be required. The deposit will go toward the full cost of the painting, so as long as the remaining balance is paid to me (via an accepted payment method) within 7 business days of when the deposit is made. The painting will be removed from the market for those 7 business days upon receipt of the deposit, and shipped to the buyer upon receipt of the remaining balance for the full cost of the painting. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (505) 398-9421 to inquire or for more information.
How old are you? Where are you from originally?
28 years old. Los Angeles, CA
What mediums do you use?
Golden Heavy Body acrylic paints on professional level canvas (heavy weight cotton duck; archival quality; acid-free titanium acrylic gesso primed; 1.5” wood frame profile; professional frame construction with kiln-dried, beveled stretcher bars).
What do you see in/want to accomplish with your paintings? Why do you like to paint?
Painting is a practical meditation for me. I enjoy creating paintings for the art processes of abstraction and the mysterious/captivating resulting products, fine canvas paintings, which are joys to experience. I hope that my paintings positively affect people. People see many different things in the paintings, and that’s great. They serve as nice decorations, thought stimulators, and the basis for interesting conversations. I’d like to share my joy and love of painting with other people whom appreciate art, even if it was previously unbeknownst to them.
I make paintings that are lively, some that are tranquil, others that a single adjective cannot accurately describe. I make paintings with a focus on movement, depth of perception, color theory, and often playfully implement unique shape/line-work in addition to a variety of textures, depending on the piece. Moreover, abstract paintings can represent that which is seemingly inexplicable. Please let my paintings continue to do so, with unique twists. I’ll continually work to produce the highest quality paintings that I can so that I’m satisfied with the outcome and so others can enjoy the concepts in their prime form for years to come.
So, I hope to embed mysterious yet positive energies and original designs into my paintings while imploring creative processual techniques. Hopefully the paintings make people think, calm them down, make them happy, and continually inspire them even when my physical body leaves this Earth. The paintings are an extension of me, my thoughts/efforts, and my soul. I feel that we’re all connected, and hopefully these paintings can further facilitate that innate humane connection. Art is important, powerful, inspiring, educational, and therapeutic. Please let my paintings represent those qualities.
Where/how did you learn how to paint? I taught myself how to paint through practice and research.
How long have you been painting?
I’ve been painting since I was in elementary school, but only started sharing my works with the public and painting more seriously in 2016.
How long does it take you to finish a painting?
See my response to a similar question from my Interview with Jimon Magazine: “If I were to say, I’d just be guessing. I usually don’t count too closely the number of hours that I spend on each painting. Once I get in the zone, I don’t worry so much about time, so as long as my other life duties at the time are satisfactorily on-track. What’s more important to me is effectively carrying out the vision that I have for a given painting. That can take many hours or days, as my paintings aren’t complete until I believe so, and applying details is crucial but time-consuming.”
Do you do commissions? Can you make me a custom painting?
Typically I paint what I like/want to, but money and ideas talk. If you have an idea in mind which you think I’d be the best person to execute, please contact me using the form below.
Do you want to show your work at [insert gallery/venue]? I’m always looking for ways to get my art out to the public (more people) and collectors in particular! I offer domestic and international gallery exhibitions (solo and group) as well gallery consignment of paintings. Please contact me with inquiries using the form below.
Do you offer live-painting or other painting-related services?
Yes, I offer live painting (at concerts, festivals, businesses, exhibitions, etc.) as well as abstract painting tutorials, art critiques, and interviews.
If you have any questions, concerns, or would like additional information, please write directly to me by completing and submitting the form below. I appreciate your interest and will respond within a timely manner.